How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a number of ways, namely:
• Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquiries on our website, when you provide information via LLTC’s club management software or court booking system, or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (for example, where you enter a competition, renew your membership, sign up for a course or lessons);
• From someone else who has applied for membership on your behalf (for example a family member);
• When non-members enrol for coaching or avail of other services provided by LLTC.
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
• Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es), records of communications and interactions we have had with you), gender details, date of birth and playing ability / interests;
• Financial information, (which may include bank and/or payment card details);
• Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example, when making court bookings or making use of LLTC facilities).
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a social event or a coaching course/camp.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
• Administration of LLTC legitimate business interests & LLTC membership, including:
• informing you about LLTC policies and rules, court / facilities opening hours;
• taking payment of membership, coaching and other fees;
• Fulfilment of performance of a contract & orders for goods and services, including court bookings;
• Providing LLTC members with contact details (name, phone numbers, email, membership category) of other members to facilitate team and social match play. This data must not be used for any other purpose by members, for example, but not limited to, making commercial offers, promoting business interests or charitable activities.
• Research and statistical analysis about who is playing tennis & squash or using the gym at LLTC;
• Communication about LLTC news and activities that we think may be of interest to you;
• Promoting LLTC events and other tennis, squash or gym related matters
• Processing of Payroll & HR data for members of LLTC personnel
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a member of LLTC. Examples of these essential service communications are:
• Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or payment confirmations (as applicable).
• Membership related mailings such as your membership renewal reminder, notices of formal meetings and information about venue closures and holiday opening hours.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can decide not to receive the Newsletter (although we may still use the Newsletter for essential service communications) or other non-essential service communications and can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Post: Membership Secretary, Limerick Lawn Tennis Club, Ennis Road Limerick V94 X9KO
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below. Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
• Our employees and member volunteers, for the purposes of administering your membership and giving you access to the membership benefits and services to which you are entitled.
• Our contractors and suppliers, including coaches, and any provider of membership management services, court booking and website services
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid club membership and for a period of three years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no lawful reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
• Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post: Membership Secretary, Limerick Lawn Tennis Club, Ennis Road Limerick V94 X9KO
• by telephone: 061 454380
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, we would encourage you to contact the LLTC Office in the first instance so that we can seek to address any concerns you might have. If you are still not satisfied, you can make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission by contacting them at 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28 or using their web forms on www.dataprotection.ie.